Metanoia is a unique opportunity for young leaders across the global Wesleyan Methodist family to connect with each other and with God in worship, study, training, and encouragement to live more fully as committed disciples of Jesus Christ, to share their faith with boundless love and boldness, and to lead their generation to impact the world with greater courage and integrity on behalf of Jesus Christ.
Metanoia Europe 2022
To kick-start this new season of ministry with emerging leaders, we are gearing up for the first of several regional Metanoia gatherings, beginning with Metanoia Europe 2022, 29 August-4 September-Durham, UK.
We can’t wait to begin releasing details on what we expect will be an amazing gathering of young emerging leaders who we are inviting into a leadership journey with us.
We hope this inspires you to consider if God may be calling you to partner with us on this journey. Here are a few ways you can participate:
- If you are an emerging leader who is interested in Metanoia, click HERE to connect with us;
- Pray for this new season of ministry for Metanoia and our global emerging leadership initiatives. This kind of work can only be done with persisting prayer;
- Give generously to enable a global new generation of high-capacity Christian leaders to participate in this life-changing journey.
Since 1980, World Methodist Evangelism has empowered young leaders to live as grace filled, faith sharing, disciples of Jesus Christ. Between 1980 and 2010, over 6,500 young people, ages 17-30 from 60 countries have been a part of our International Christian Youth Conferences on Evangelism (ICYCE). These transformative experiences have taken place in England (1980), Bahamas (1983), Australia (1987), Mexico (1990), Germany (1994), the United States (1998), Northern Ireland (2002), Brazil (2005), and Korea (2010).
In 2018, building on the strength of ICYCE and emphasizing the importance of spiritual transformation, over 100 young people from over 20 countries gathered in Costa Rica to launch Metanoia.
John Wesley said all he needed was 100 people – lay or clergy – who love God and hate evil, and they would shake the gates of hell and usher in the Kingdom of God. Through Metanoia, WME is raising up young people who love God and hate evil. We are shaking the gates of hell as we empower these young Christ followers to deepen their faith, share it with integrity and grace, and impact their world on behalf of Jesus Christ.
If you’re between 18-35, we want you to join us at the next Metanoia! You’ll meet people who are part of the Methodist Wesleyan family of Christ followers, be exposed to excellent speakers and others who are making a difference in the world on behalf of Jesus Christ.
The Focus of Metanoia
- Deepening our spiritual roots so we are better able to show and share the love of Jesus Christ.
- Discovering our place in the global community of believers and building relationships that extend beyond our own contexts and last long after we leave.
- Expanding our vision of God’s purpose for our lives (a purpose that’s always larger than ourselves) and connecting with others to make a difference in our world.