Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who does World Methodist Evangelism serve?
World Methodist Evangelism serves the worldwide Wesleyan Methodist family of Christians.This Christian community includes over 80 million people, in 84 different autonomous denominations, in 136 different countries. Wesleyan Methodist denominations share a historical connection to the Methodist movement launched in England by John Wesley in the 18th century.
2. Is World Methodist Evangelism part of a particular Christian denomination?
No. World Methodist Evangelism is an independent, non-profit organization governed by an autonomous Board of Directors.
3. How does World Methodist Evangelism receive its funding?
World Methodist Evangelism receives no official funding from any of the denominations in the Wesleyan Methodist family. WME is completely dependent on the generosity of individuals, local churches, and other organizations.
4. Is the disaffiliation process in the United Methodist Church affecting World Methodist Evangelism?
No. Because World Methodist Evangelism is independent from the United Methodist Church, WME is not affected by that process.
5. What is the relationship between World Methodist Evangelism and the World Methodist Council?
World Methodist Evangelism is an affiliate organization of the World Methodist Council. The World Methodist Council is an association of denominations in the Wesleyan Methodist family. Member denominations share a common, historical connection to the work of John Wesley. Other affiliate organizations include The World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Women and Wesley Men (World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Men).