The Residency in Mission (RIM) is an immersive mission and evangelism experience designed for young adults who are called to serve beyond their home country in partnership with ministries in the Methodist Wesleyan family. RIM is a 9-12 month commitment that includes guided mentorship from mission and evangelism leadership experts. RIM also provides opportunities for host ministries to strengthen the work in their local contexts, while offering Residents an environment in which to grow in their ministry service. Each ministry context has been carefully vetted to provide safe surroundings with well-established support systems.
In partnership with ministries in the host church, WME leaders will help aspiring residents discern their call to missional service. If selected, residents will work with WME to raise ministry support partners, receive mission and evangelism training, and be commissioned to serve beyond their home countries. Residents will meet regularly with WME leadership for Bible study, prayer, mission and evangelism training, and coaching.
The Resident in Mission should be someone who:
- Seeks to be a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ
- Has a genuine desire to serve others in Jesus’ name
- Prioritizes the ministry goals of their place of service
- Desires to learn more about missional leadership
- Is exploring a call to long-term mission/ministry service
- Is willing to raise their own support partnership team and be sent by their local church
- Is teachable and flexible
Residents in Mission must be at least 21 years of age at the time of placement. Current or future university and/or seminary students are welcome to apply. The Resident in Mission should be a citizen or resident of Australia, Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, or the United States.